Are you still waiting to hear whether you’ve got a place in our Halls of Residence? You can only be allocated a room once you have gained an ‘Unconditional Firm (UF)’ status on your application, in addition to a valid visa application for international students.
Treforest Halls of Residence (on-campus)
Rooms will be allocated to UF applicants on the following dates. You will be informed the same day.
- 1st August 2017
- 17th August 2017 (A-Level results day)
- 25th August 2017
- On an ad-hoc basis thereafter, depending on availability.
You will be informed by e-mail and will be expected to respond by the date stated in your contract offer.
- Students who apply before 30 June will be allocated first.
- Late applicants (applications submitted after 30th June) will only be allocated a room if there are any still available.
- We are unable to guarantee that all applicants will receive an offer of halls accommodation. However, in the last three academic years all applicants that applied before the 30th June deadline were made offers of accommodation. Rooms will be allocated on the basis of availability. Some room types are in much higher demand than others (i.e. Mountain Halls rooms), where we have reached capacity at the time of allocation you may be offered an alternative. Whilst we will try to meet your preferences we cannot guarantee them. In the event that the demand for rooms exceed the number of rooms available we cannot guarantee that all applicants will receive an offer of a place in halls of residence.
Find out more
Cardiff Halls of Residence (Liberty Living – Liberty Bridge and Liberty Park)
- Allocations will be processed on an ad-hoc basis to UK applicants from July onwards, with the main allocation on 17th August (A-Level Results day).
- We prioritise applications based on the date that you applied and the date that you gained your UF status.
- Some room types are in higher demand than others and therefore although we will do our best to meet your preferences we cannot guarantee them.
- Any later applications (received after 30th June 2017) will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis, depending on availability.
Newport Halls of Residence (Campus Living Villages)
Accommodation Services will send you an invitation to apply for halls if you have firmly accepted an offer on a full time course of study commencing in September 2017.
Find out more