Although you will get lots of help and advice from your school or college, it's helpful to know what happens during the application process and when.
How to apply to University
- You apply for full-time undergraduate courses via UCAS
- UCAS is an organisation that deals with applications to UK universities
- You will have to fill an online application, write a personal statement, and include information regarding your qualifications – those already taken, and those currently being studied (pending)
- Your personal statement is crucial in making you stand out from other applicants. Here are some great tips about writing your personal statement for University
- You will also need a reference (usually your teacher) and pay a fee - £13 for a single application and £24 for multiple courses
Read the series
Application tip 1: When to apply to University
Application tip 2: How to apply to University
Application tip 3: Interviews
Application tip 4: Offers
Application tip 5: Missed the deadline or changed your mind?