USW EVENT FACILITIES
USW’s reputation for working closely with industry has extended into our Conference & Events department, where we have established ourselves as a professional, flexible and trusted event venue in the South Wales region. With campuses in Cardiff, Pontypridd and Newport, we are approx. 2 hours from London and our venue offer is varied, extensive and flexible. We welcome over 30,000 conference delegates each year and we have managed 400+ event bookings.
We can host events for up to 800 delegates and we have over 1000 bedrooms during July and August (making us the largest accommodation provider in Rhondda Cynon Taff each Summer). Our team also offer a full event management service in addition to venue and facilities hire.
Major events that we’ve hosted include:
- UK Challenge Event – over 600 delegates from over 40 organisations
- 1,600 police personnel during NATO summit
- Wales Legal Conference 2019 – over 170 of Wales’ top legal professionals
The University has the following facilities across all three campuses (Cardiff, Newport and Pontypridd)
- Lecture theatres
- Exhibition Halls
- Executive Boardrooms
- Dance studios
- Meeting rooms
- Sports facilities
- Networking space
- Low-cost accommodation
Each of our campuses benefit from great public transport links with just a five minute walk from the nearest train station.
Our facilities are so varied and flexible and have been designed to be a blank canvas ready to be transformed into a unique event space. The types of events we hold include:
- Training courses
- Private meetings
- Award ceremonies
- Interactive workshops
- Residential trips
- Summer schools
- Group tours
- Teambuilding activities
USW CONFERENCE CENTRE
USW has a dedicated Conference Centre for external organisations at its Pontypridd campus. It is only 20 minutes from Cardiff, which makes it a perfect location for being close to the city but with added value of the sweeping views of the Welsh Valleys.
This Conference Centre facility has flexible event space to provide up to 11 meeting rooms or it can transform into a larger space to hold conferences for up to 220 theatre style.
The Conference Centre facilities:
- Variety of room size options including a large meeting space for up to 220 delegates and the smallest room can hold 10 people boardroom style.
- Flexible Furniture layouts which can be set up theatre style, cabaret style, classroom style or bespoke.
- Audio-visual equipment is included in all rooms, and complimentary basic AV support
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Car parking facilities
- Natural daylight
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary glass bottles of still and sparking water
- Additional communal breakout space for networking and refreshments
- Flexible catering packages
What’s more, our Conference Centre team can also provide quotes for the following added value services to truly elevate your event, through our close working relationships with local event suppliers:
- Complete event management support
- Filming or live streaming of your event
- Delegate voting systems to encourage audience interaction & gather feedback
- Transport requirements
- Badge printing and collation
- Banners and marketing materials