BEng or MEng?
Our MEng courses are four years in duration with the flexibility to exit with BEng after three years if needed.
What are the benefits of the MEng course?
- Get chartered - MEng is a more direct route to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status
- Better employability and career prospects – the fourth year of the MEng course focuses largely on employability providing you with the depth and breadth of your specialism, and developing leadership and management skills to give you a competitive advantage when looking for graduate jobs.
- Funding in the bag – If you choose to study the BEng and then decide to go onto a Masters course, you need to apply for funding again. With the MEng you apply for the four years at the start of your degree meaning you don’t need to reapply.
- International student? If you apply for the MEng your visa is sorted for the fouryear duration of the course - much simpler than requesting to extend it.
- You can change your mind. If you do get the fourth year of the course and decide to just opt for the BEng, you can.