Our MEng courses are four years in duration with the flexibility to exit with BEng after three years if needed.
What are the benefits of the MEng course?
- Get chartered - MEng is a more direct route to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status
- Better employability and career prospects – the fourth year of the MEng course focuses largely on employability providing you with the depth and breadth of your specialism, and developing leadership and management skills to give you a competitive advantage when looking for graduate jobs.
- Funding in the bag – If you choose to study the BEng and then decide to go onto a Masters course, you need to apply for funding again. With the MEng you apply for the four years at the start of your degree meaning you don’t need to reapply.
- International student? If you apply for the MEng your visa is sorted for the fouryear duration of the course - much simpler than requesting to extend it.
- You can change your mind. If you do get the fourth year of the course and decide to just opt for the BEng, you can.