I have a full-time job because of my placement
My year on placement developed my procurement knowledge massively, especially in the public sector. While at Cardiff Council, I worked on a number of projects to help the council deliver the required frontline services to residents. These projects ranged from small tenders to multi-million-pound dynamic purchasing systems and frameworks.
· £49m contract with Passenger Transport DPS
· £20m contract with Specialist Waste Management Vehicles
· £2.4m contract with VAT Partner Framework
· A contract with Volvo Ocean Race ICT Infrastructure
· Corporate Category Responsible for around £140m of spend (Cardiff overall around £400m)
I was lucky to be offered a position after my placement at Cardiff Council as a Category Specialist working in the Corporate Category Management on a part-time basis alongside my studies. I was able to bring what I learnt during my placement into the classroom for my final year such as real-life examples for critical arguments and assignments. After graduating with a first, I now have a full-time position at Cardiff Council where I work on the recruitment side of the next generation of students.