What are degree apprenticeships?
Degree apprenticeships are an alternative to traditional university study that are becoming increasingly popular amongst students. You will be placed into a working environment, gaining real world workplace experience and earning a salary, whilst simultaneously working towards a degree qualification upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
This combination is a fantastic way to gain the experience and knowledge you'll need to find future work and succeed in a working environment as it provides you with two very important things - a higher education qualification and real experience.
To discover more about degree apprenticeships and how it combines real life work placements with degree qualifications, simply read below.
Current Degree Apprenticeship Vacancies
What are the benefits?
From earning a working salary to achieving a higher education degree, there are many benefits to a degree apprenticeship:
EMPLOYED AND PAID
You will be employed and paid a working wage throughout the course duration
GAIN A FULL DEGREE
Upon the successful completion of your apprenticeship you will gain a full degree
REAL-WORLD WORK EXPERIENCE
Acquire the expertise, knowledge and skills that you need to succeed in your chosen career path
HOW TO APPLY FOR A DEGREE APPRENTICESHIP
Applying for a degree apprenticeship is a lot like applying for a job.
- Find your apprenticeship by searching online/offline for degree apprenticeships that are currently accepting applicant.
- Unlike most university courses, there is no specific time where applicants are accepted - so make sure you keep up the search as vacancies can become available at any time.
- Many degree apprenticeship services will allow you to register an account and manage your details online, depending on the service you choose.
- In some cases, depending on the type of position, you can also apply directly to the employer.
- To apply for a degree apprenticeship with USW, simply view our current vacancies above.