Find your home away from home with our range of accommodation options for international students, from shared to studio apartments.

Due to UKVI regulations, our international students must have an address in South Wales or the South West of England, therefore we encourage you to explore accommodation options in the local area and enjoy the great facilities and standard of living South Wales has to offer.

One way to create unforgettable memories and make life-long friends is choosing to live at our halls of residence - the perfect way to make the most of your student experience in the UK. 

You will receive an invitation to apply for accommodation via email once you have accepted your offer with USW. When applying, you can select your desired room type and other preferences. 



The halls of residence at our Treforest campus hosts 1,200 rooms and students from all over the world.


Halls (1)

Wales' Capital City offers a huge range of student halls as well as a wide choice of private rentals to choose from.


Newport Halls

In Newport, private halls are just a couple of minute's walk from campus, with different room packages to consider.

Untitled design (2)

Travelling with Family - September 2023

The University of South Wales does not provide accommodation for families. Private sector accommodation is in extremely high demand in the area and has increased significantly in cost. Students with families, especially children, are finding it increasingly difficult to secure suitable accommodation.

We ask you initially come to the UK on your own, until you have secured a family home.

You also need to ensure that you can afford the cost of short-term accommodation whilst you search for accommodation, noting that it often takes many weeks for students to find suitable family housing. Hotel accommodation starts from around £75 a night for a standard double room in Pontypridd and Newport, and £80 a night for a standard double in Cardiff. Costs can therefore be substantial.

You will also be unable to open a UK bank account, register your children with a school, obtain a national insurance number for working or register with a GP if you do not have a UK address.

Travelling alone initially is in your family’s best interest and is the most cost-effective way to find suitable accommodation for you and your family. It will also alleviate stress when you begin your studies. We strongly recommend this course of action.

Monthly rental costs for a house start from £800 per month in Pontypridd and Newport, and a 2/3 bedroom house can cost as much as £1,475 per month in Cardiff.

What to expect from Halls

University Halls of Residence are a great option for international students especially during your first year as you can move straight in when you arrive in the UK. Halls are conveniently located, support is immediately available, and it's a great way to make friends.

Bedrooms at halls of residence include a bed, wardrobe, storage, chair, desk and internet access. Shared kitchens include a microwave, cooker, toaster, kettle, refrigerator, freezer, and there are laundry facilities available at each residence.

Rooms are fully furnished, but you will need to provide your own bedding and towels. Once you arrive, our Immigration and International Student Advice team can provide you with tips on where to buy everything you may need.

Glamorgan Court Premium Room_48957

BSc Medical Sciences student Jade, from Zambia, at our Treforest Halls