Reading through a prospectus can only tell you so much - the best way to get a real feel for a university is by booking onto an Open Day and exploring for yourself.
From asking our academics about our industry-standard facilities to finding out what life on campus is really like by chatting to our friendly student ambassadors. We’ve pulled together some helpful questions to keep in mind for your next visit to the University of South Wales.
Haven’t booked on to an Open Day yet? Don’t worry – there's still time to book your place online.
What to ask academics
- What are your previous students/graduates doing now?
- What kind of job can I get when I graduate?
- What topics or modules will I study as part of my course?
- What scholarships and bursaries can I apply for?
- How is the course divided between theory and practical work?
- Will I have exams towards the end of the year or will I have a final year project?
- What facilities are available for my course? How about field trips?
- Can I gain work experience as part of my course or whilst at University?
- What grades and qualifications do I need to apply for this course?
- How do I apply?
- What do you look for in a UCAS personal statement?
What to ask student ambassadors
- What clubs and societies can I join?
- Did you live in student halls?
- What are good areas to live and why?
- Is it worth bringing my car to campus? How easy is it to get around on public transport?
- Are you working on a dissertation? If so what is your project on?
- How easy is it to find a part time job?
- What is the nightlife/social life like?
- What are the sports facilities and activities like?
- What do you like most about studying at USW?
What to ask accommodation staff
- What accommodation options are there for first years?
- How much are the Halls of Residence?
- How and when can I apply?
- When is the application deadline?
- Will I get my first choice of Hall?
And finally, here are our top Open Day tip
- Plan your travel arrangements in advance and head to the right campus!
- Check the programme to plan the times of things you want to do and see
- Take photos of the campus, facilities and accommodation – you may visit many Uni open days and this will help you remember what you liked about each one
- Bring a friend or family member
- Bring a notebook or take notes on your phone
- Visit the local town, city to see what else there is on offer for jobs opportunities and socialising!
Book your place today.