Who is eligible for the Bursary?
To be eligible for the Bursary you need to meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Be a Welsh domiciled or EU (non UK) student
- Aged 60 or above on the first day of the Academic Year of the course. The Academic Year is defined below:
1 September 2019 where the Academic Year begins on or after 1 August 2019 and before January 2020
1 January 2020 where the Academic Year begins on or after 1 January 2020 and before 1 April 2020
- Enrol on an eligible full or part-time postgraduate taught Masters course at the University of South Wales, starting in September 2019 or February 2020
- Meet the Student Finance Wales* eligibility criteria for funding for Postgraduate Masters Finance (*Students over the age of 60 will be eligible to receive this postgraduate bursary)
- Remain enrolled for the duration of the course
What courses are eligible for the Bursary?
This Bursary applies for eligible full or part-time postgraduate taught Masters courses. If you have enrolled on to a Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma course, you will not be eligible for the Bursary.
How much is the HEFCW 60+ Masters Bursary?
The Bursary is £4,000.
Further information including the full bursary criteria can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions.