If you are a student studying at Birmingham Metropolitan College then we want to help you to achieve your ambitions.
We offer our BMet Bursary to college students who choose to progress to study a University of South Wales full honours degree at a University of South Wales campus.
This bursary is not means tested.
To be eligible you need to meet the following criteria:
· Be an enrolled student studying at Birmingham Metropolitan College at the time of application for this Bursary, i.e. be a BMET College student in academic year 2020/21
· Apply for a full-time USW undergraduate honours degree, entering year 0 or year 1, based at a University of South Wales campus and starting in September 2020 by 1st April 2021
· Make us your firm choice by 1st May 2021
· Apply for the BMet Bursary by 1st June 2021
· Be a UK home student liable for the UK home rate of tuition fees
· Be enrolled on a full-time eligible course at point of payment
You will receive £1000, paid directly into your bank account by BACS in February 2022. The bursary is worth £1000 in total and is paid in your first year only.
Further information including the full bursary criteria can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions
The application process will open from February 2021 onwards. Once you have applied for a full-time USW undergraduate degree and been offered a place, you will be sent a link by email to apply for the Bursary online.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible for the Bursary. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered unless there are proven extenuating circumstances that are accepted by the University.
Applicants are reminded that they are solely responsible for ensuring that their application form reaches the Student Money Advice Team and that there will be no grounds for appeal without proof of written confirmation.
Please contact the Student Money Advice Team if you have any questions regarding the bursary.