USW Progression Bursary 2022/23*
If you are a University of South Wales student studying at one of the colleges listed below then we want to help you to achieve your ambitions.
We offer our Progression Bursary to college students who choose to top-up their University of South Wales accredited HND or foundation degree to a full honours degree through a top up course at one of our USW campuses. Worth £500, this bursary could provide financial support towards your travel, living and study costs while studying at a University of South Wales campus.
This bursary is not means tested.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible you need to meet the following criteria:
- Successfully complete a University of South Wales accredited HND or foundation degree with one of the colleges listed below in Summer 2022, specifically:
- Bridgend College
- Cardiff and Vale College
- Coleg Gwent
- Coleg Y Cymoedd
- The College, Merthyr Tydfil
- NPTC Group
- Gower College Swansea
- Apply for a full-time eligible undergraduate Honours degree entering year three *** (or year two on specific eligible courses**) or a one year Top up degree based at a University of South Wales campus starting in September 2022 by 1st July 2022
- Apply for the Progression Bursary 1st August 2022
- Be a UK home student liable for the UK home rate of tuition fees
- Be enrolled on a full-time eligible course at point of payment
How is the bursary paid?
You will receive £500, paid directly into your bank account by BACS, during your first term (November 2022). The bursary is worth £500 in your first year only.
Further information including the full bursary criteria can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact the Student Money Advice Team if you have any questions regarding the bursary.
How do I apply?
The application process will open from January 2022 onwards. Once you have applied to enter year two** or year three of a full-time eligible undergraduate degree or a one year full time eligible top up degree and have been offered a place, you will be sent a link by email to apply for the bursary online.
Applicants are reminded that they are solely responsible for ensuring that their application form reaches the Student Money Advice Team and that there will be no grounds for appeal without proof of written confirmation.
*The University of South Wales scholarships and bursaries are offered on the basis that they are potentially subject to change. The University also reserves the right to limit the number of scholarships and bursaries available.
**Dependent upon the degree subject area.
*** This includes joint delivery with Coleg Gwent for BSc Veterinary Nursing Science (top-up) and BSc Animal Health and Welfare (top up)