The Emergency Department and Ambulance Simulator
The life-size Ambulance Simulator is equipped with all the typical features found inside a real ambulance, such as
- Jany seats and rear impact protection seat
- Non-slip floor
- Modular compartment storage system
- LSU suction unit
- Oxygen lines
It is also equipped with the very latest paramedic equipment, such as
- The Zoll X Series defibrillator
- Stryker Rugged Power Pro TL ambulance stretcher
- Ferno’s Compact 2 Track chair
- Scoop EXL, Combi Head Immobiliser (CHI), Millennia Backboard
- Easyfix Vacuum Mattress
The ambulance simulator’s authentic surroundings coupled with the latest patient medical simulators provide a realistic and authentic environment for emergency healthcare professionals to train in.
The Emergency Department has a triage area and four cubicles. They are equipped with Philips MP2 monitors, wall mounted examination lights, emergency alarm button, macroview otoscope & coaxial ophthalmoscope sets on rolling mobile stands, a red “bat” phone, a mock computerised ambulance/ED booking in system and an array of various trolleys (difficult airway, bandages, venesection).