The University of South Wales is a popular choice amongst Cambodian students and has been welcoming students from Cambodia to its campuses for many years.
Students from Cambodia have appreciated the scholarships offered by the University and have enjoyed the high standard of living but relatively low cost of living that South Wales offers. Students appreciate the friendly, safe and welcoming environment of the university and benefit hugely from the location – surrounded by breathtaking scenery and impressive historical landscapes, boasting excellent transport links and the buzz of two dynamic Welsh cities.
We hope you find the information for Cambodian students in this section of the website useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Pontypridd Campus, Treforest
The University offers the following scholarships for self-funding international students. You will be automatically considered for one of these awards when we receive your application.
Courses starting in September 2022 and February 2023
- £2,500 per year for undergraduate students
- £2,500 for postgraduate students
For more information visit the international scholarships page.
Foundation Entry Requirements
- Foundation Years are available to students who don't meet the academic requirements for entry directly onto year 1 of a Bachelor degree.
- Students who have a good level of English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent) will be considered for our Faculty Foundation Years.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
Proficiency in English is essential for Undergraduate study. The University of South Wales recognises the following English Language qualifications:
- GCSE/O Level English Language grade C or above
- IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each band)
Don’t worry if you do not meet these requirements as we offer a range of English Language courses.
- Students studying A Levels or the International Baccalaureate will be accepted subject to meeting the University’s standard entry requirements as specified for each course.
If your qualification is not covered above or you do not meet the set criteria please contact us and we will see how we can assist you.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
Proficiency in English is essential for Postgraduate study. The University of South Wales also recognises the following English language qualifications:
- GCSE/O Level English at grade C or above
- Postgraduate Study: IELTS with an overall score of 6.0 with at least a 5.5 in each component. Please note that some courses may require a higher level of English language proficiency than the University’s standard requirements. Please see the course page for further information.
Don’t worry if you do not meet these requirements as we offer a range of English Language courses
- Students who have completed a Bachelors degree with a Lower Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent) can be considered for entry onto a relevant postgraduate programme.
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications or work experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about studying and applying to the University of South Wales.
Tom Hill, International Executive
Tel: +44 1443 483413
Email: [email protected]
Address: USW International, University of South Wales, Llantwit Rd, Treforest, South Wales, CF37 1DL