The University of South Wales is a popular choice amongst Mongolian students and has been welcoming students from Mongolia to its campuses for many years.
Students from Mongolia have appreciated the scholarships offered by the University and have enjoyed the high standard of living but relatively low cost of living that South Wales offers. Students appreciate the friendly, safe and welcoming environment of the university and benefit hugely from the location – surrounded by breathtaking scenery and impressive historical landscapes, boasting excellent transport links and the buzz of two dynamic Welsh cities.
We hope you find the information for Mongolian students in this section of the website useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Pontypridd Campus, Treforest
The University offers the following scholarships for self-funding international students. You will be automatically considered for one of these awards when we receive your application.
Courses starting in September 2023 and February 2024
- £1,500 per year for undergraduate students
- £2,000 for postgraduate students
For more information visit the international scholarships page.
Foundation Entry Requirements
Foundation Years are available to students who don't meet the academic requirements for entry directly onto year 1 of a Bachelor degree.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants who have completed a 4 year degree in Mongolia may be considered for advanced entry onto a Bachelor degree
- Applicants who have completed a relevant International Foundation Programme will be considered for undergraduate degree courses.
- Holders of the International Baccalaureate Diploma or ‘A’ levels obtained in Hong Kong will be considered for direct admission to first degree programmes. Students who do not meet these entry requirement will be considered for a Foundation year.
If your qualification is not covered above or you do not meet the set criteria please contact us and we will see how we can assist you.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree that is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class degree (also known as a 2:1) will be considered for postgraduate programmes.
- Applicants with other relevant qualifications or work experience may be considered on a case by case basis.
Proficiency in English is essential for undergraduate and postgraduate study. The University of South Wales recognises the following English Language qualifications:
- GCSE/O Level English at grade C or above
- IELTS with an overall score of 6.0 with at least a 5.5 in each component.
Please note that some courses may require a higher level of English language proficiency than the University’s standard requirements. Please see the course page for further information.
Don’t worry if you do not meet these requirements as we offer a range of English Language courses.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about studying and applying to the University of South Wales.
Kim Williams, International Executive
Tel: +44 1443 483587
Email: [email protected]
Address: USW International, University of South Wales, Llantwit Rd, Treforest, South Wales, CF37 1DL
Nogoon Jade LLC
16th Floor Peace Tower, 54 Peace Avenue, 3 Khoroo Chingelti District, Ulaanbaatar 15030