C24: Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism
Research from University of South Wales submitted into Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism includes work from staff in the Sport, Health and Exercise Science Research Group, based in the Faculty of Life Sciences and Education.
Research centres on two integrated, multi-disciplinary themes – Sports Performance and Vascular Health. The Sports Performance Group takes a practical approach to improving elite athlete performance and promoting physical activity among adolescent performers. The Vascular Health Group, a biomedical theme, focuses on the vascular benefits of exercise throughout life.
These two main themes are strategically supported by specialist research disciplines focused on: Clinical Neuroscience / Vascular Physiology; Sport Psychology; Injury, Training Load and Monitoring, Rehabilitation; and Sports Coaching and Development.
Unit of Assessment Results
|% 4*||% 3*||% ≤ 2*|
- 96% of research is world leading or internationally excellent (4* / 3*) - an increase of 45% since 2014
- Joint ninth in the UK overall out of 61 universities - based on 4* / 3* research
- 100% of our research impact is world leading or internationally excellent (4* / 3*)
- 100% of our outputs are world leading or internationally excellent (4* / 3*)
- USW is joint first in the UK for impact and for outputs out of 61 universities - based on 4* / 3*