C24: Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism
Our sport and exercise sciences research centres on two integrated, multi-disciplinary themes – Sports Performance and Vascular Health.
Sports Performance research takes a practical approach to improving elite athlete performance and promoting physical activity among adolescent performers. Vascular Health research focuses on the vascular benefits of exercise throughout life.
These two main themes are strategically supported by specialist disciplines focused on: Clinical Neuroscience / Vascular Physiology research; Sport Psychology research; Injury, Monitoring, Rehabilitation research; and Sports Coaching research.
- 96% of our sport and exercise science research is world leading or internationally excellent (4* / 3*) - an increase of 45% since 2014
- 100% of our research impact is world leading or internationally excellent (4* / 3*)
- 100% of our outputs are world leading or internationally excellent (4* / 3*)
- USW is joint first in the UK for impact and for outputs out of 61 universities - based on 4* / 3*
- Joint ninth in the UK overall out of 61 universities - based on 4* / 3* research
Unit of Assessment Results
|% 4*||% 3*||% ≤ 2*|