USW Postgraduate Alumni Discount 2023/2024*
The University of South Wales is offering a 20% reduction in tuition fees for all University of South Wales* graduates starting a taught/online*** MA,MSc, LLM,MBA or DBA course from September 2023 (this includes students starting their course in January/February 2024).
Am I eligible?
The discount will be automatically applied to your tuition fee account if you meet all of the following requirements:
- Be considered by the University to be a Home student.
- Hold an Honours Degree ** from the University of South Wales*
- Enrol and be studying an eligible full or part time taught/online *** MA, MSc, LLM MBA, DBA programme, at a University of South Wales campus (Treforest, Glyntaff, Cardiff, Newport) during the 2023/24 academic year.
*This includes graduates from the University of South Wales, University of Glamorgan, University of Wales Newport, the Polytechnic of Wales, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
**If you graduated with an integrated Masters for your undergraduate degree e.g. MComp, MChiro, MEng, with the University of South Wales you would be eligible for the discount if you are undertaking an eligible postgraduate course.
***You are not eligible for the Postgraduate Alumni Discount if you:
- Enrol on to a Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate, PGCE, PGCE PcET, PgCE PcET, ProfCE PcET, MRes, PhD, MPhil, Masters by Research, Integrated Masters (MChiro, MComp, Meng).
- Are studying a course with a franchised partnership e.g. Learna Ltd, UNICAF and Perpetuity Training
- Are studying one of the following online, distance learning or E Delivery courses:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA Global- (all pathways)
- MSc Management
- MSc Strategic Procurement Management (Fast Track)
- MA Documentary Photography
- MSc Leading Digital Transformation
- MA Animation
- MSc International Logistics and Supply Chain Management
How is the discount applied?
Following enrolment, you will receive an invoice from the University that details the tuition fees you or sponsor have to pay. If you meet the criteria and were a student of USW (since 2013) or of the University of Glamorgan (since 2003) then we will apply your Alumni Discount automatically. If you studied prior to 2003 or studied at the former University of Wales, Newport or at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama then you will need to email the University at [email protected] with a scanned copy of your certificate and ask for the discount to be applied.
For further information or advice on the Alumni Discount, please contact either the Revenue Team [email protected] or Student Money Advice Team [email protected]
Further information including the full bursary criteria can be found in our Frequently Asked Questions
*University of South Wales scholarships and bursaries are offered on the basis that they are potentially subject to change. The University also reserves the right to limit the number of scholarships and bursaries available.